We process and ship orders Monday through Friday from warehouses throughout the Canada. Products ordered by 2 p.m. EST are normally shipped within 1 to 2 business days. Items ordered on weekends (Saturday or Sunday) start to process and ship as early as the following business day. Some items may be placed on backorder. A few extra days may be required for back ordered items to ship. Shipping transit times start once your order leaves our warehouse. We highly recommend not to schedule your installation/replacement with your HVAC Installer until you have received your product this can avoid any possible additional charges. Since the shipping means are not via our delivery trucks, some delays in shipping by the freight or ground carrier may occur which are unfortunately out of our control.
You must notify us by phone at 343-545-1199 if you need to cancel an order. Orders are processed quickly, so please call us as soon as possible.
The delivery company will call ahead to schedule an appointment for delivery. It is your responsibility to work with the delivery center to schedule an appointment within the expected date of delivery. A redelivery fee will be assessed if you miss your appointment. If you are unavailable to take delivery on your products within two days after the shipment arrives to the service center, the carrier will assess charges of $18 per day for storage fees. If you would like to change the address your shipment is delivered to, after your order has shipped, the carrier will bill you a re-consignment fee. Cambridge Comfort must authorize any changes to the final delivery address.
The carrier is only responsible for delivering freight to the end of the truck at the end of your driveway. The carrier will not move freight up the driveway or inside a home, garage or backyard.
Residential delivery is free, but does not include liftgate service. This is an accessorial service that costs $25 and can be added to your order. Liftgate trucks are usually smaller and can access narrow streets. They have a hydraulic lift that will move the freight from the bed of the truck to the ground. Deliveries may be delayed by a few days if your local service center has limited liftgate truck availability.
Upon arrival, the carrier is responsible for moving the freight to the end of the truck for drop-off. Because residences do not have docks for unloading, the freight must be moved from the bed of the truck to the ground. If the freight is lightweight, or if the driver is assisted, some freight can be eased off the truck. If no help is available or if the freight is too heavy, a liftgate truck will be necessary.
If the delivery address is difficult to access with a large truck, a liftgate truck may be required by the carrier.
WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
- We will email your shipment tracking number to you. Your products may ship separately.
The freight carrier will contact you at the phone number you provided to schedule your delivery appointment.
- Schedule your delivery when you will be there to inspect and sign for your shipment.
- Carriers typically require a four-hour delivery window.
WHEN YOUR ORDER IS DELIVERED
- The carrier will deliver your products to the end of your driveway. Please be prepared to move the products from the bed of the truck to the ground. If you order liftgate service, the products will be moved to the ground for you. If you require this service, it can be added to your order for $25. Please contact us if you need the liftgate service.
- You, or a person at your shipping address, will be asked to sign a delivery receipt.
The delivery receipt is a legal, binding document. Ownership of the products transfers from the freight carrier to you, when either you or a person at your shipping address signs the receipt. A signed receipt with no comments indicates that you are receiving all the pallets and cartons listed and that there is no damage to the packaging or products.
YOU ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR SHORTAGES NOT NOTED ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT.
TIPS FOR SIGNING YOUR DELIVERY RECEIPT
- Do not allow others to sign the receipt.
- Do not allow the driver to rush you while you inspect your shipment.
- Carefully inspect the packaging including the cardboard, plastic wrap and wood pallets. If the packaging is not in 100% unblemished condition, write down the condition of the packaging on the delivery receipt.
- If you find any damage to the packaging, even small creases or dents in cardboard, inspect the products underneath or open the boxes. A slight cardboard crease or a broken pallet can mean serious product damage.
- Do not document how or where you think damage occurred. Alpine and the carrier will assess this if damage is noted on the delivery receipt.
IF A PRODUCT IS DAMAGED
- If you receive a product with severe damage, refuse the damaged item. Document the delivery receipt with the reason for refusal.
- Take delivery of undamaged products, even if they are on the same pallet as a damaged product.
CONTACT COMBRIDGE COMFORT FOR QUICK RESOLUTION TO SHIPPING PROBLEMS
Contact us by phone at (343) 545-1199 or email at email@example.com if you have any trouble with your shipment.
If you sign the delivery receipt damaged and take delivery of the products, we will process a damage claim on your behalf. You may do one of the following:
- Retain the equipment and receive a cash settlement or replacement parts with an allowance.
- Exchange the equipment. We will reship a new product once the damaged product is en route to Cambridge Comfort.
- If you refuse the product that is damaged, noting that you are refusing due to damage, and take delivery on the undamaged products, we will reship a replacement product once the damaged unit is confirmed to be en route back to Alpine.
- If you sign that there is a shortage, we will work with the freight company to track the missing portion of your shipment. Please allow up to ten business days for the freight company to locate any missing pieces of your shipment. If the freight company in unable to locate the missing pieces of your shipment, those items will be shipped to you at no charge.
- If you sign the delivery receipt clear, but later determine that your equipment has been damaged, the settlement outcome is between you and the freight company. You must report concealed damage within 15 days of delivery. You must establish that the damage occurred prior to you receiving it.
- If you sign the delivery receipt clear, but later determine that you received fewer pieces than the delivery receipt indicated, there is no recourse, although the carrier can perform a search of their docks. Unfortunately, the carrier will automatically deny these types of claims.
SHIPPING FEES ON EQUIPMENT RETURNS
If you are not satisfied with your products for any reason, you may return them for a refund (for more details please see Refound Policy). Equipment orders can be returned up to 30 days from the delivery date. Refunds on equipment items can take up to two weeks to process.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Cambridge Comfort Home Service Inc., 7100 FLEWELLYN Rd., Stittsville ON K2S 1B6, Canada.